Networking for Authors
Brisbane Book Authors
- Non-profit, social networking group.
- Members are Traditional, Indie or Self-Published.
- Meets 6:30pm on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, at Mitchelton Library, Brisbane.
- Members range from 20+ books, through to 6-10 and a few with 1 or 2.
- Industry guest speakers.
- New members welcomed – but must be published authors.
- To register interest email Carolyn. Include your website and book details.
- Hawkeye Publishing is a sponsor of Brisbane Book Authors.
Want to be an author?
We highly recommend you join a writing group. If the first one you try doesn’t float your boat, try another. Networking with other writers will improve your writing, and your exposure to the industry.
Keep your eye out for writing courses at your local libraries. They often run surprisingly good writing courses for free. We like supporting libraries because most pay their presenters and guest speakers. We support organisations who remunerate their artists appropriately! Too often, professional artists are asked to work and share their considerable skills for free.
Your State Writing Centre is an excellent resource. For instance, the closest one to us, Queensland Writers’ Centre has top-notch resources and events sections on their site.
Another highly recommended resource close to us is Brisbane Writers Workshop. For the serious writer, the topics and presenters open new doors in your writing journey. We’ve consistently heard good feedback about their courses. They offer courses digitally all over Australia, and in-person in Brisbane, Gold and Sunshine Coasts.
There is a very big difference between good writing and exceptional writing. If you want to be a published author; you need to keep working towards exceptional.
Happy writing, and happy learning! Explore what’s on your doorstep. You won’t learn anything new sitting at home writing what you already know.