Indie and Self Published Australian authors may be eligible to appear in our online bookstore.
We accept quality work of all genres.
To apply, use the contact form in the first instance. Tell us about you and your book, and link us to reputable reviews.
There is a rigorous selection process to maintain the standards we guarantee our readers.
- Professional editing – you’ll provide us with your editor’s details. All self-publishers should be using a professional independent editor and proofreader to ensure their work is of industry standard. (‘I’m an editor, and I still hire an editor for my own creative work’… Carolyn Martinez, Director, Hawkeye Books). If you can’t provide those details, you’ll need to provide a detailed book review from an independent critic such as Compulsive Reader or Australian Book Review. If that review is good, you’ll be able to send your book to one of our reviewers for checking.
- Professional book cover design. You should have used a book cover designer (as opposed to a graphic designer) to ensure your cover conforms to industry standards.
- Book’s dimensions and typesetting are consistent with industry norms.
- Book is well written and error free.
- Superior imagery and book blurbs, and
- That you have a professional online presence.
Finally, we’ll need a copy for inspection prior to acceptance. Don’t send your physical book to us unsolicited – we’ll let you know when/if to do so.
- Your book showcased in our store.
- An author interview featured on our blog, and in our social media channels.
- Your book featured in one edition of our member newsletter.
- Quarterly site statistics.
You may also feature in news articles, blog posts and social media – we actively search for opportunities to promote our authors and books.
Benefits to You:
- Our site has added search engine optimisation software.
- High volume traffic site.
- We don’t take a commission of your sales – as your sales increase, your monthly fee remains the same.
- Readers are redirected to your existing sales channel. We do not handle your book or your money.
- Quality public relations material.
- Connect more happy readers with more quality books!
- Provide readers with certainty that they are purchasing quality Indie and Self-Published reading.
- Provide authors with an effective, low-cost PR option.
- Keep our book industry buoyant.
- Hosting fee only ie. no commission on your sales – $5 AU per month for your book – min term 12 months.
- Sliding scale for multiple books: 2-10 books $10 per month; 11 books or more $20 per month.
- Our bookstore is New! These are introductory fees for authors who sign up to our platform before 1st May 2019 – the official launch date.
‘Congratulations on the website, competition and the future plans to assist self-publishers. You are doing an outstanding job to support us all…’Diane Clarke
‘Absolutely love the set-up on your website. CM you got style … This is gonna work…’
‘There are a lot of authors out there who need help with search engine optimisation and publicity. Great job..’.Davide Cottone, AuthorC T Mitchell, International Bestselling Author
‘Carolyn’s kept pace with the rapidly changing publishing industry. Hawkeye is the perfect place for authors to land….’Lauren Daniels, Director, Brisbane Writers Workshop
Other Hawkeye Services
- BRONZE: Feature in our bookstore, author interview, newsletter blast. $5AU per month for 1 book. $10AU per month for 2-10 books. $20AU per month for 11 or more.
- SILVER: Site display advertising + Bronze Package. Contact for quote.
- GOLD: For the active author – regular news written and distributed to media + Silver Package. Sample News. Contact for quote.
Director of Hawkeye Publishing, Carolyn Martinez, is available as a guest speaker. Based in Brisbane, Australia. Enjoys Q&As. Topics:
- Hawkeye Publishing – Showcasing Quality Indie & Self-Published Books.
- Developing Non-Fiction Ideas for Publication
- Paths to Publishing – Traditional Versus Self Publishing (a panel of 2-4 authors)
- Fear of Public Speaking? Fear Not
Carolyn’s workshop was both productive and fun. I feel confident that our group is now well-informed on when to use Deep Point of View. Greatly appreciated her effort to share her personal and professional knowledge. It was a real pleasure to meet her.Ornig Elena, Helensvale Writers Group
Thank you for the helpful seminar, the information was excellent.Alan Ketley
I attended the ‘Paths to Publishing’ forum. Thank you so much for sharing your considerable knowledge and experience of the publishing world. I gained a number of valuable insights from you.Diane Clarke
- We help self-published authors spend money wisely to produce superior quality books.
- Books are a low margin return. First-time authors can pay too much for the wrong thing, and not enough for the right.
- Free initial advice over the phone.
- For fee-for-services we suggest you source suppliers through the Australian Society of Authors, or you can choose us. We also recommend Lauren Daniels from Brisbane Writers’ Workshop for structural assessments, editing, and author mentoring.
- We do not provide production and distribution services to authors with manuscripts that fail to meet our quality expectations in terms of editing, proofreading and cover design.
- We offer all production, digital distribution, and publicity services.
- You’ll love our book trailers.
Carolyn not only gets the job done correctly she follows things through and offers options. If you just want to be a writer and not suffer the ‘slings and arrows’ of getting your work published by traditional publishers then I commend Carolyn Martinez most highly.Testimonial from author of ‘Cane Cutter’ Davide A. Cottone
Tip: Professional cover designers make a huge difference to your book, and often cost less than graphic designers because they’re quick.
Editing takes good communication and makes it outstanding
“Carolyn will always deliver a quality outcome within a deadline. She is a fantastic communicator with the ability to engage with any audience. Well worth the investment…”Michael Neilson, Manager, Newcastle NOW
‘I loved the news feature you did for me. It was so good I shared it to all my networks and it got 5,000 views in 3 hours…’C T Mitchell, International Bestselling Crime Author
“I needed to create a professional cover letter / application and resume. Contacting Carolyn was the best thing I could have done. Being able to work alongside her was an absolute pleasure. I recommend Carolyn to everyone. I got the promotion!”Tahlia Williams
Affordable author websites and hosting packages available.